Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Long Ball: Is it the Indian, Or the Arrow?

It's an age old question, dating back to even prehistoric times. You see, in ancient America (this includes all of the Americas; north, and south, however excludes Africa, Australia and the orient) Indians used to hunt wild game using a bow, quite often accompanied by an arrow. Oft times, these Indians, or Native Americans, if you will, would miss the beast entirely, or perhaps not hit it in the kill zone. On occasion, arguments would erupt, when the shooter would place the blame of the poor shot on his arrow. Though no scientific evidence exists support the claims of these arguments, 89% of anthropologists agree that they actual took place. Now, to make these claims applicable to modern times. Take golf, for example. Some people tend to hit poor drives off the tee, and they blame their golf club, as opposed to taking the blame on themselfs. This apparent lack of ability gets into the head of the golfer, and they believe that they cannot hit the longball. What they do not realize, is that it isn't the preverbial indian, it's the arrow. You can practice all day with a crappy driver, but if you can't hit the dang ball straight and long, it's obviously the driver. In my case, I finally got me a Ping 10.5 G10, with a Prolaunch V2 76G X-stiff shaft, and I did not hit a single drive poorly, In fact, I do not even feel capable of hitting a poor drive. I hit the ball so well, I am thinking about just turning pro. Therefore, the theory that states: It's the indian, not the arrow, is absolutely false. Thank you for having read this post, if you wish for me to sign anything before I turn pro, just drop me a line.

2 comments:

  1. I've never missed the kill zone on an elk and I shoot the cheaper variety arrows.

    ReplyDelete