Saturday, April 18, 2009

Burger Review: Five Guys Burgers and Fries

I am well aware that many of you have been anxiously waiting for me to post a burger review, as I am infinetely good at conisuereing burgers. Well, todays journey took me to the recently opened Five Guys, in Orem. I had eaten there once before, but I decided to give it another chance. The first trial that I encountered was the menu. At Five Guys, they don't offer any meal combo deals, you have to order everything seperatly. Well whats the problem with that, one might ask. Well, you don't need to be an econ major to know that when you order things individually, prices can add up very quickly. For example, I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, a large fry, and a medium drink. Now, a combo meal would have probably been not more than 7 or 8 bucks, however, I spent about $12.83. For that price, I could have gone to Fuddruckers, which, for those of you that have not yet proved it, are superb in nearly every aspect. A good plus however, is that they don't jip you on the fries, they provide a rather generous amount. The con with this, is if you order the Cajun fries, you will get sick of them before you can finish your fries, and if you order the regular fries, well, their just not that great. I would give the fries about a C+, or perhaps on a good day, a B-. (That may or may not have anything to do with the fact that the fries came from Rexburg, ID.) Now onto the burger. I ordered a burger that was pretty loaded as far as ingridients go, just to paint the picture. The layering was superb, by placing the bacon below the beef, and the veggies on top, your tongue had the pleasure of encountering the meat first, which is far a far superior method, that placing the lettuce below the beef, which is quite common among other burger franchises. With that aside, I would have to say, that the burger was overly common. The buns were merely storebought, and none of the ingridients were that special. Although the burgers, were pretty decent, a B+, the fact that it is more expensive than any other burger joint that I have proved, it is always packed, and the fries aren't that great, I would have to rank this franchise, at about a C+.

4 comments:

  1. The mediocracy of the french fries had nothing to do with the fact they came from Rexburg!

    You're pretty good at this food critic thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carbs? I think I would give just about any potato product an A about now. Tomorrow's my weigh-in day, though. I am strong, but fries are my kryptonite. I miss Dan. You better get whatever it is done that he went there to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fudruckers little witches!!! That was a great review, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UPDATE! I lost six pounds last week, so you can keep your nasty fries.

    ReplyDelete