Sunday, April 26, 2009

Burger Review: JCW's

It would seem fair of you to assume that I am gaining a substantial amount of weight with all of the burgers that I have been consuming in the recent weeks that have passed. To the contrary. Hamburgers, despite popular belief, are infinetly nutricious. I think I spelt that wrong. Satuardays adventure took me to a local hamburger eatery, known as JCW's. This particular joint is located at about exit 284, and the only reason that it I know that, is becuase it shares the same exit as Cabela's, who happen to be the world's foremost outfitters. Therefore, it is a superb exit, boasting a hamburger eatery, a sporting goods emporium, and of course, thanksgiving point, which, from what I've heard, is home to 18 holes of superbelous golf. What more could a boy like me wish for in a freeway exit. However, unfortunetly, there needs be opposition in all things, therefore, I will discuse the experience that I had at JCW's, world famous hamburgers. (I added that last part, I actually think that that is fuddruckers slogan.) I suppose I had better begin with my order. I placed it with a young man, I belive he was an emmotional, or emo, if you will, and he confirmed my order with pin point accuracy. The wait in line had only been about 34 seconds to order, and I naivley assumed that I would recieve my food within the ensuing moments. My order number was 235, and they had just called order 211. It had no sooner become apparent to me, that my order would take a substantial amount of time to fulfil. After about 10 minutes, they had called my number, and so I went to claim my spoils, unbeknowst to me, it was merely my strawberry shake. It is important to note, that I purchased seperatly, and with a strawberry shake, as opposed to a softdrink, and my total was $10.41, more than 2 dollars less than 5 Guys. But was the quality better? Lets review. The shake was a tasty morsel, made with real strawberrys, and bursting with flavour. Not to mention, the fact that It was too much for me to even finish. The shake would probably have had to been an A-.The bad news, and the most negative experience of the day, and possibly my entire week, was that it took over 30 minutes to recieve my food. Now, if I were sitting at a fancy resturant, with a lovely young woman, and had nothing else to do, that wouldn't have been such a big deal. However, I was with my roommate, I was starving, and we were heading up to Salt Lake to check out some hockey equipment for the new season, therefore, we felt a wee bit rushed. (It wasn't terrible however, they did have flatscreens strategicaly placed throughout the diner, displaying the NFL draft.) After several minutes, we had finally recieved our food. I had ordered a standard double cheeseburger, nothing too fancy, and my first bite revealed some information, critical to the quality of this burger. First, the bad news. The layering was poor. they had not only placed the lettuce underneath the meat, but they had placed the pickles underneath the lettuce. The problem with this method, is that the first thing that your toungue comes in contact with, is the pickle, then the lettuce, and finally the meat. However, that was the bad news, the good news, was that the overall quality of the burger was awesome. The meat was juicy, even the lettuce was juicy. I don't necessarily mean greasy, I just mean juicy. when that sensation is acheived, it demonstrates that all of the ingridients are in perfect harmony, the lettuce wasn't all cold, with the meat warm, or vise versa, everything was perfect. Sort of like that Chinese word that means "oneness". Therefore, I will rate the overall quality of theburger, at a B+. Finally, the fries. These fries have got to have been the best fries I have ever had the enjoyment of proving. The potatoes must have come from eastern Oregon, becuase they were soooo dang good. They had used a potato with a lighter skin, which usally means that the skins are thinner, making it easier to fry. They opted not to skin the potatoes, a decision with which I am grateful. They were fried at a perfect temperature, and for a perfect amount of time, giving them, what I call the "golden consistency". Slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly and evenly cooked on the inside. The fries were also about 1 cm squared, which is perfect for dipping, becuase a smaller width fry, requires a cluster to obtain adequate fry sauce. The other amazing thing about the fries, and this is difficult to explain, and may sound weird to some, is that they had a hint of batter fried halibut taste. That sealed the deal, with all of those factors in the fries, I have no choice, but to grade them at an A+, which is a grade I have never given. The overall grade of the franchise, would, on that day, would have been about a B, to B+, and arguably a B-, if you had somewhere to go, just due to the sheer number of patrons, however, if you caught it on a slow day, I would feel confident in giving the franchise a solid A-. Reasonably priced, superb quality, and fries that I would go to war to preserve. I appologize in the sheer mass of this review, I merely hope that it will increase the quality of your life. Until next next week, drive safely.

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunetly, becuase infinetly nutricious Satuardays naivley recieve ingridients unbeknowst toungue achieved seperatly fulfil becuase strawberrys recieve discuse becuase belive recieved appologize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi, this is Aunt Sylvia. Is it all right with you if I put a link on my blog to your blog? Your writing is incredible! I LOVE IT! What a personality you must have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey cracked my up. The fries were made from Yukon Gold potatoes. A brilliant choice, and one I will have to try if I make it there in November. Speaking of which, do you know what else is off that exit? The Rodriguez family, Boo.

    ReplyDelete